Boys & Girls Clubs of Tracy-Include Me Program
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tracy is honored to serve children in our community with disabilities. We live in an ever changing world and we are always striving to BE GREAT. We know that trust is a key factor for parents that give us the opportunity to care for their child and we have been serving youth with disabilities for over 15 years with GREAT success.
We know that many special needs children can live excluded from non-disabled peers and we want to open our doors to them. Children with disabilities are usually in some type of special education program during their school hours, do not always share the same lunch hours or recesses with other students that are non-disabled and after school, they are bussed home to be with their families or guardians without any social activities to enjoy with other kids their age.
We have the answer: switch that bus route to Boys & Girls Clubs of Tracy, Richard O. Hastie Clubhouse and let your child build friendships and positive relationships with peers their own age where our motto is "BE INCLUDED".
You can catch a glimpse of smiles at work in our Inclusion Room Monday through Friday from 3-6pm and we offer special extended hours for many non-school days. The program offers a variety of accommodations, enabling the kids to participate throughout the Club if they choose.
Our Inclusion room is open every day and offers a wide variety of activities:
- Sports Leagues designed to meet the child's need
- Health and Life Skills (working on skills to enable some level of independence)
- Simplified Cooking Class (a fun, simple cooking class designed to teach some basic skills)
- Arts & Crafts (creativity at work)
- Games & Tournaments (cognitive and fine motor skills)
- Field Trips (2 to 4 times a year)
- "WINGS" Program (building positive mentoring relationships with peers)
- Daily Nutritional Snacks (A free healthy snack is given to your child daily)
- Athletic/Physical Activities (daily inside or outside physical activities)
Visit our Inclusion Events page to see our upcoming events.
Contact us: Boys & Girls Clubs of Tracy 753 West Lowell Avenue, Tracy, CA 95376
Lisa Sughayar-Inclusion Director (209) 832-2582 #109 or email@example.com